The live tracking allows you to follow my expeditions in real time
Therefore I'm using a SPOT device that sends my GPS data every 60 minutes.
How It Works
1. GPS satellites provide signals
2. SPOT sends your GPS location and data to orbiting commercial satellites. SPOT messenger's onboard GPS chip determines your GPS location and sends your location and preselected message to communication satellites
3. Communication satellites relay your message to specific satellite antennas around the world
4. Satellite antennas and a global network route your location and message to the appropriate network
5. Your location and messages are delivered according to your instructions via email, text message, or emergency notification to the GEOS Rescue